Thursday, September 16, 2010

Disappointment and Shell Shock

Ok , so, I have been working since last October for the drag race that I promoted last weekend in San Antonio.  I don't know about you , but I pretty much put my heart and soul into everything I do, not to mention the effort I put in to treating people the way I want to be treated by them.

So, with great disappointment, I left the race track on Sunday night with a hole in my pocket and one in my heart.  Making a little bit of money sure would have been nice, but we know what to change for next time.

And I think we are all CRAZY enough to try this thing just one more time.

But the hole in my heart, well that's a tough one to handle.

It is 2010 right?

 I was the only female out of a 4 partner group.  I worked my ass off for this thing! And at some points felt like I was nothing.
 If I would have been a man and was spoken to the way I was at times, I would have put the other person on the ground! But as a woman defending herself  or expressing my opinion,  I was of course perceived as a bitch.  I felt used and abused by those who I thought were suppose to have my back.

{We truly do still live in a man's world, but without the POWER OF A WOMAN, it would fall apart. Can anyone please explain this to me?}

My SAVING GRACE were the racers, who I have been racing with all season, who came up to me and let me know that they appreciated what I had done and had tried to do.

Now, it is up to me, of course, to go onto the racing sanction's website to thank all of our sponsors and participants and to congratulate all of our winners.  I know without them we would have not had what we did. 

Aside from the race situation, I lost my 19 year old Himalayan cat Simon, and my Dad's brother Raymond passed away while I was away from home.

I won't be coming to Round Top after all, WHICH SUCKS BIG TIME, because I was so looking forward to it. So I am asking all my Blogland friends to take lots of photos and post great blog entries about all the FUN you had.

I'm going to stay in bed for a few days with the covers over my head, probably cry a little bit, and emerge with a new and good attitude, and put all this negativety behind me.

Let's see if we can't all draw some strength from this wonderful photo that was sent to me by a dear friend.
Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. Well if that don't take the cake! What is it about gasoline and speed that turns men into such jerks? Oh it's a man's world alright...until something needs to get done besides strutting! I bet they also acted like they had done it all, right?
    Shake it off...we know better.
    I'm sorry you aren't going to make it to RT and the blog party. You'll be happy to know that in the junking world...WOMEN RULE!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this. I will miss seeing you but I'm sorry to hear about your family loss. I'll keep you in my prayers and you keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete