Friday, June 11, 2010

Something from Debbie


A few weeks back I had this brilliant idea to ask my mother in law, who is very creative, she sews, quilts, crochets, etc., to make me some crochet flowers. I wrote her an email and sent some photos of what I wanted. She replied and said she would start working on it.

A few days ago I got a package in the mail. YIPPIE! my flowers were here.

I opened the box to this.

Oh my!

I had the idea in my head, before they were made, that I would use them to make jewelry. Which some of them will still be used for.

But that big red beauty in the bottom left corner......well I have other ideas for her.
After a few minutes of admiring my new pretties, I called Minnesota. {That is were my husband is from and were his side of the family lives, more on that later.}

Debbie, his mom answered the phone, and after a few minutes of telling her how much I loved them and what else I wanted her to make and that I would send her some yarn and thread in the specific colors that I wanted her to use {I know I'm rambling in a run on sentence, bare with me},

she said "MAIL THEM BACK TO ME".

'WHAT? NO, I DON'T WANT TO MAIL THEM BACK!?'

OK, so there was a reasonable explanation for it, she would use them for the patterns I wanted and size and so on. But still, really?, mail them back?

Well, I agreed. Only because I know that what I will get in my next package from minnesota will be twice as good.

1 comment:

  1. I would have hated to send them back...can't wait to see what you get next!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete